In 2009 employees of the organization BUNDESIMMOBILIENGESELLSCHAFT GmbH (BIG) from Vienna, Austria showed a high interest in supporting children in Moldova. Out of this came the desire to be more involved, providing not only material assistance but also affection and love, almost acting as a Godparent. Consequently, disadvantaged families whose children needed support were identified with the help of priests from local parishes.
Purpose: To support children living away from their families;
Implementation period: 2009-present
Methods of realization
- Financial aid for children from disadvantaged families;
- Material aid (clothing, footwear, toys, school supplies, etc.) and individual care/support for children from disadvantaged families;
- A yearly visit to the adopted children, who are living away from their families – the ‘godparents’
- Written correspondence between adopted children and godparents
- Support (financial, material and moral) given to 35 children from 23 families in urban and rural areas of the Republic of Moldova, including the Transdniestria region.
Donor: BUNDESIMMOBILIENGESELLSCHAFT Gmbh (Austria)
National Bureau Coordinator: Iulian Mariuta