Project „Healthy choices for youth in preventing HIV/AIDS“ started for the first time in 2010, being developed in partnership with the CRS. Since 2011 Caritas Moldova continued to pursue this project in partnership with Caritas Luxembourg.
Project goal: to prevent and reduce the risk of HIV infection among young people that live in rural areas, to reduce the HIV-related stigma and discrimination of people living with HIV in rural areas (Ungheni and Căuşeni districts)
- to create an environment in which young people are encouraged to make healthy lifestyle choices.
- to prepare young people to manage their personal health and to make them take healthy decisions, so that they can protect against HIV.
Period of implementation: 2010- present
Direct beneficiaries: teenagers aged 14-18 years, adults
Indirect Beneficiaries: the residents of communities from Ungheni: village Costuleni, village Gherman, village Măcărești, village Sculeni; and the residents of communities from Căuşeni: Chircăieşti Village, Ursoaia village, Sălcuţa village and Căinari village.
Methods of implementation:
- Identification of areas for project implementation. Negotiating with community leaders about opportunities and positive impact of implementing the project in their locality. Signing collaboration agreements with each community.
- The selection and training of 2 local trainers for youth and for adult from eight local municipalities.
- Organization of trainings for youth (50 hours) „A healthy lifestyle in preventing HIV / AIDS”
- Organization of training for adults (24 hours) „Preventing HIV/AIDS and improving parents communication with their children”
- Offering small grants for youth, adults, school, town hall and church.
National Bureau Coordinator: Fişer Rodica
Donor: Caritas Luxemburg