The project started in October 2013. It will be implemented by 4 organizations in 4 districts of the Republic of Moldova. Regina Pacis will cover five villages from the region Florești, MS Diaconia – 4 villages nearby its centre and parishes in the regions Cahul and Cantemir and Caritas Moldova – 4 villages from the Orhei district. Altruism Association will provide online psychological counseling services and will intervene in crisis situations. The project will be implemented over a period of three years. Total number of members of the target group benefiting from the project is estimated to be 16.520 people.
Project goal: The project aims to create an environment in which children and young people from rural areas are supported in developing their own perspectives – for themselves and for their peers; also it provides psychological and educational assistance for children who have no communication with their parents and/or usually pass easily into a depressed state.
Implementation: 2013 – present
- to build up positive thinking in children from rural areas;
- to create an environment in which children and young people are supported in developing their own perspectives;
- to foster the idea of self-regulation and emotional control, to help young people overcome difficult situations in life and to form an optimistic view of the future;
- to raise awareness about the situation of children in despair and of children’s needs in the community;
- to increase public awareness of child protection issues in the country.
Methods of implementation:
- Drafting and Editing Guides for multipliers;
- Identification of areas for project implementation. Signing collaboration agreements with each community;
- Selecting and training of the local trainers from the locality in further implementation of activities for children;
- Organization of 2 summer camps for all children;
- Setting up of local “Youth Club” groups for children;
- Organization of 2 contests of small grants for all community teams;
- To offer regular online psychological counseling for children and teenagers, and also if it is necessary to intervene in crisis situations.
Donors: Caritas Austria with financial support of Austrian Development Cooperation
National Bureau Coordinator: Fişer Rodica